Personal needs are given top priority at Emerson House! Our memory care and Alzheimer’s community is sensitive to the needs of every memory care and Alzheimer’s resident. Before a new resident arrives at Emerson House, every effort is made to create a gentle and welcoming transition.
Our process is designed to be thorough and comprehensive:
Step 1: Begins with a comprehensive assessment, which includes the prospective resident, their family and their physician.
Step 2: We develop a customized plan of care taking into consideration the resident’s social history and medical needs along with their recreational interests, spiritual dimensions and other personal issues to ensure their well-being and comfort.
Step 3: Monitor residents as they adapt and change in their new environment and adjust their care plan accordingly.
Memory Care Services
When choosing a memory care community you want to consider the staff, the building design and the services. We are proud to offer these high quality services to all of our residents:
- Specially selected and highly skilled team to supervise all activites 24 hours each day
- Menus that are designed by a registered dietician to meet all nutritional needs including special diets
- On-site nursing care and medication management
- Full-time indoor and outdoor activities program which provides opportunity for companionship
- Family support groups and meetings
- Assistance with personal hygiene, including bathing, grooming, dressing, and incontinence management
- A highly trained housekeeping staff providing linens and personal laundry services
- Electronically secured perimeter monitored from nursing stations
- Secured and inviting outdoor garden and verandas where families can gather
- Fully monitored fire protection
- Optional services include: Beauty and barber salon, professional foot care clinic and massage therapy
Our full time professional staff includes:
Executive Director, Food Services Director, Health Services Director (a registered nurse), Life Enrichment Director, Life Enrichment Weekend Assistant, Office Manager, Laundry Aide, Housekeeper, Maintenance Director and a full staff of Resident Assistants who attend to residents’ needs 24-hours a day.